Bar Sagi Prize - Rules and Guidelines
- The competition is open to Israelis aged 12 to 19 when the poem was written.
- There is no submission fee.
- Poets may use their whole name, first name, or a pseudonym. We will not publish any contact information.
- Poets submit by sending up to three
poems, by email, in one file – either in the body of the email, or as an
attached Word file – to
- The parent or guardian’s
name and mailing address, and the poet's age when the poems were written, must
included somewhere within the document.
- Poems may be in any style and on any subject, but each must have no more than 41 lines (not including title), and they must be in English.
- Poems must be previously unpublished. The poets retain sole copyright of their poems.
- Prizes will be presented by Bar Sagi’s family, and the winning poets will read their poems, at a prize-giving ceremony held by Voices Israel.
- The winning poems, and Honorable Mention poems if there are any, will be published in the annual Voices Israel anthology.
- Upon acceptance, a parent or legal guardian must sign a release allowing us to publish the poem.